Saturday, January 02, 2010

dreamtime poetics

earlier today it was my ex
then when i laid down tonight it was a little boy, maybe my brother asking me why i react like i do
why i withdraw when and how i do
now it's the victimizer, the one who has me all up in arms

when i had locs i used to be able to get rid of the smell of smoke by febreezing my hair
it got the stank right out
i wonder if there's such a thing for humans
some kind of spray that can get the stank out of you
keep you from filling a room with your lies and deception

i think i've heard it said that if you call the devil a liar to his face he will disappear
is it true?

earlier tonight it came to me in the book i'm reading like this:
don't take ANYTHING personally
i didn't finish the chapter yet though
i wonder if it works though
cause what i'm doing now is ignoring
which i don't think is the same

if i shoot you in the toe will you go away or keep trying?
and if i feel the need to shoot you in the toe, will i ever be able to trust you again
or will i always carry a gun?

these are the things that make me feel like i know you are not an angel
and that what i saw that night was a reflection off of someone else's shoulder

No comments: