Monday, June 14, 2010

why you tug me this way
and that
is beyond me
beside me
leaning on me
pressing my skin but i stand tough
firm on my ground like orange peel unripe
which tree was i on before you shook my roots from their resting place
and did you even know what you were doing or
do you just walk so hard that fruit must fall for you?

and what made you come back by here?
silent but smiling
threatening to unroot my foundation again

i can't say i shall not be moved

i want to be moved
always have
and why shouldn't i be?

even if i just sit here waiting for a one as you
even if i close my eyes so i don't have to hold out my hand to feel you touch me there with your heart open wide
ripe and bursting with hope for the taste of the best the season has to offer

dare i say it out loud
that i fear your presence
that my distance has been an effort unfailed

i don't mind rivers
i don't mind their pull
as long as they get me closer to where i'm going
away from you
my danger

my dear
i would soon stop the current for you
but on it must go
taking me higher than this here
what we have
is
moving maybe

i just can't see where we might go

1 comment:

Weléla M. Kindred said...

My love! My angel! Ok, so yeah I see you are writing the most beautiful words - ever.
Things are moving along, realizing that each day that the Lord gives - blessings. I did write the poetry book. Yay - and the life here in Europe / Paris is a sweet challenge. I love you!!!!!!!!