Monday, December 14, 2009

teach me how to write poetry

teach me how to rhyme with my legs shut
teach me how to spell backwards in a different language
or with a different lilt on my tongue
cah oo aalk iif oor ouf o-en iike iis???

not really
i think we ought to start out with a shut case
ending sentences without pencils
beginning them with punctuation in the living form

i could curl up lazy
like a comma
and then you could come right up behind me
, and continue the story

or you could twist me into a basket of french terms
to make it sound good when you stretch me wide
enjambement
fall me from here to the floor and keep the pace

piƱa colada my syllabic count
smooth me out to keep the paper neat

translate this into twelve different languages and send them back to me after penning the pulitzer

or...
or you could just come close to me on a sunday or monday night
sneaking up to my left shoulder
whispering something nice into my neck while i peel the fruit...
what about a movie tonight?

No comments: